Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmg80525
Helper I
Helper I

How to load individual CSV files from URL

Greetings:

Looking for a little insight to see if I can combine CSV files that are publically exposed on a web page.  (https://ecmc.state.co.us/data2.html#/downloads under the Production Data>All Production Reports Received By Year).  Each CSV has a URL link where the link will only differ from one year to another by the year itself.  I understand I could download the files into a folder with Power Flow and then use the Folder.Connect function, but I was hoping to bypass that step and build a dataflow that combines all the CSV files with a single transformation. Something with a table or parameters that would loop through the year domain and continue to load the CSV files into a single query.  Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

To complete a file combine you need an address for the source files and a list of file names. If you are doing file combine from your pc, PQ can generate the list of files for you. You may or may not be able to generate the list of files from the web, you have to check it out. Just

get file

from web

when the wizard launches, right click the yellow folder icon in the wizard and select "transform data". If the list of files isn't available, you can create one yourself or load one from Excel. This assumes you know the file names, of course. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors