Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dr_mattia
Employee
Employee

Graphic Images Into PowerBI visualization

How can Pictures can be uploaded into PowerBI visualization?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PolnerT
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If you create a Power View report in Excel, you can upload that datamodel and report into Power BI. The images in your Power View report can be pinned to your dashboard as well.... Or at least that is how I put pictures there. I guess there will be some easier way as well with new features coming out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

3 things to point out:

1. If you are trying to have your company logo or something like that, you can use Power View in Excel to create your report  and upload it to Power BI
  2. You can have images loaded as binary data into your Power Pivot / Designer model from either a table or folder and then they can be rendered inside a table or carousel control (a quick web search will find a number of tutorials on how to do that)
  3. What is severely missing right now is ability to only store the links to images in the model and being able to render them in PowerBI.com. This functionality works great in Excel and SharePoint on premise but for some reason it does not work in PowerBI.com
regbac
Regular Visitor

Hi,

the only way I know of is via a SQL Server table and a Power Pivot model.

1 -Create a table to store your images with a column of varbinary(max) type.

2 - In PowerPivot on the Advanced tab choose the appropriate data category.

now you should be able to use images for visualization

Cheers

Régis 

Additional ways to add images are on the way. Check out User Voice https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

to see what teams are actively building and submit ideas.

Thanks

Jen Underwood
Principal Program Manager, BI
PolnerT
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If you create a Power View report in Excel, you can upload that datamodel and report into Power BI. The images in your Power View report can be pinned to your dashboard as well.... Or at least that is how I put pictures there. I guess there will be some easier way as well with new features coming out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors