Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

liberty20
Frequent Visitor

Get data from different files on the basis of date created

Hi experts,

I have 2 files - File1 & File2

While importing files in power bi, I need File1 should be selected when [Date created] is before 17-09-2022 03:45:59 else File2 should be selected.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're nearly there. Just put the file names as a second condition in a boolean filter:

= Table.SelectRows(
    Source,
    each ( [Date created] < #date(2022, 09, 17) and Text.StartsWith([Name], "File1_") )
        or ( [Date created] >= #date(2022, 09, 17) and Text.StartsWith([Name], "File2_") )
)

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @liberty20 ,

Use a folder connector to connect to the folder(s) the files are in.

You should get a view something like this where you can filter using file metadata before expanding the [Content] column to append all filtered files:

BA_Pete_0-1674665750330.png

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you for a quick response!
I am using sharepoint folder as a source and both the files are present in same folder.

I need both the files in my data but one file is having historic data(before 17-09-2022) +current data(after 17-09-2022) and second file is having current data only (after 17-09-2022).

Expected result should be :
= Table.SelectRows(Source, If [Date created] is before 17-09-2022 then each Text.StartsWith([Name], "File1_") else Text.StartsWith([Name],"File2_))

As per your suggestion, if I will apply filter on files then I will get both the files and data after the date 17-09-2022 will get duplicated as both the files are having data for that dates.

You're nearly there. Just put the file names as a second condition in a boolean filter:

= Table.SelectRows(
    Source,
    each ( [Date created] < #date(2022, 09, 17) and Text.StartsWith([Name], "File1_") )
        or ( [Date created] >= #date(2022, 09, 17) and Text.StartsWith([Name], "File2_") )
)

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors