Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NJ81858
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filtering Values

Hello,

In Power Query, when I click on the dropdown which shows the distinct values of a column with options of "sort ascending", "sort descending", "filters", etc, it is showing multiple values for the same value. For example the list of values looks similar to this (bolded to show the multiple values) :

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Group 4

Group 5

Group 6

I am just wondering how to allocate those values to one distinct value? They are spelled the exact same in my query and there are no differences between them. What happened was that I had values of "Group 4a" and "Group 4b" and I replaced those values to say "Group 4" for both of them and that is when this issue arose. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
ToffeeMarkWork
Frequent Visitor

Replacing group 4b and 4b would not remove the duplicate row you would have two rows with 4.  If you're working with one column you could List.Distinct the column or if its multiple columns with values you could "group by" all the columns except the values column which would be the column you sum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try format your column, if the values are the same when you convert it to text, the problem will go away 😉

EzgiAslankara_0-1672849903507.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors