Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exporting with R to excel table

I have a report that all it does is export it's data to excel via power automate using some R code.

"write_xlsx(dataset,"file_path.xlsx")"

However, I need to manipulate it further and it needs to be in a tabular format to do so. Yet, when I try "write.table" I get the error that my connection to OneDrive is not open. So I can export an Excel sheet with the data, but not the same data as a Table.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Perhaps "write.table" doesn't support XLSX files. I didn't find examples that use "write.table" to export data to XLSX files. They export data to TXT, CSV or other formats. For XLSXs, they use "write_xlsx" or "write.xlsx". Maybe you can try "write.xlsx". 

Reference:

https://r-coder.com/export-data-r/ 

https://www.dataanalytics.org.uk/the-3-rs-writing/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying. I've tried write_xlsx. The issue is writting it as a table. I can export it as a spreadsheet no problem. 

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm a little confused. When you want to write it as a table, which type of file are you writing it to? Can you show the current "write.table" code (removing sensitive info)?

Regards,

Jing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't write it as a table. I can export the data to excel as a .xlsx file, but it's not in table format.  But when I try

library("writexl")

write.table(dataset,"C:\\file location.xlsx")

I am unable to do so. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors