Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Do5779
Helper II
Helper II

Explode BOM of up to 15 levels, different products and over 100 assemblies (Source SAP)

Hi experts,

I am searching for a solution to show a BOM-tree (Bill of Material / Explode BOM) respective a table of the quantities of every assembly of a product.

Therefor I found the following: Bill of Materials (BOM) solution in Excel and PowerBI – The BIccountant, which works perfectly for a test data set. In reality I have different BOMs of different products (so the path function is not working), up to 15 levels and over 100 assemblies at each product. The function is also working and the pathes should be build like they have to, but if I want to import my Dataset (shorted ~2,5 MB or the wohle 102 MB) from Powerquery to the desktop, the import starts but does not fineshed.  
The name of the levels is ~6 characters so I think there shouldn't be a problem of the maximum legth of a coloumn (6*15 = 100 characters). 

So the question is:

Has someone a better idea to build a BOM in Power BI?

Has someone an idea, why there is a problem at the import?

PS: I can't import the complete BOM-tree out of SAP because there it is build out of different tables like in a recursive way.

Thanks for your help in any way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Do5779 ,

Please see if the post can help:

Bill of Materials (BOM) solution in Excel and PowerBI – The BIccountant

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Do5779 ,

Please see if the post can help:

Bill of Materials (BOM) solution in Excel and PowerBI – The BIccountant

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yanjiang-msft , but this was actual the post, where I got my first idea and the link in my post is not shown how it should.

In the mean time the solution of the website is working, so this case is closed.

Hi @Do5779 ,

My pleasure!

If you mean the solution in the website I provided works, would you mind accept it as the solution? Then more people who have the same requirment will find the solution quickly and benefit here, thank you!

If I midunderstand, ignore it😄.

Best Regards,

Hello @v-yanjiang-msft 

Hope you are doing well!

I am very interested in the solution you posted regarding the 15 level BOM an you please send me the solution

regards,

imbrg

might be a useful idea 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors