Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Danworld
Regular Visitor

Dataflow Refresh Error regarding alternate key

I have many Dataverse dataflows that I run for various applications.  Each day, these dataflows run and process 10s of thousands of records successfully, but also each day, I get 1 or 2 errors that says...

{"error":{"code":"0x8006088a","message":"The key in the request URI is not valid for resource 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.intelhub_earnedmedia_combined'. Ensure that the names and number of key properties match the declared or alternate key properties for the resource 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.intelhub_earnedmedia_combined'."}}

What's interesting, if I refresh the dataflow again, it usually comes back with no errors.  But it is annoying that I get the error above in the first place.

Does anyone have any ideas why this error happens in the first place and if there are any solutions on how to resolve it for good?

I just wanted to confirm that each Dataverse table the dataflow is feeding does have a PrimaryKey set.

7 REPLIES 7
PBI_Queryous
Advocate I
Advocate I

I get this every day. At random, for random individual records. The Dataverse is an unintuitive wilderness of illogical constraints and bugginess with little or no documentation to explain these errors. The error message is also a lie, it explains nothing.

Hello,

having the same issue, only when we schedule the Dataflow, if we run it manually there are no issues.

Did you find any solution on this?  Did you open a ticket ?

Thanks

--silvano

Hiya Silvano,

I didn't find a solution I'm afraid. I haven't opened a ticket. This is just the nature of the MSFT Dataverse. It is a volitile environment. It can't be trusted 100%

Hello,

we opened a ticket and just got a feedback from Microsoft:

We shared the details to the PG team and got an update from them that the fix for the transient 0x80060888 failures is expected to roll out to all PROD regions by 08/26.

Let's pray 😉

--silvano 

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I opened a ticket with Microsoft and let you know how it goes

Thanks again

Hello All,

this has been fixed my Microsoft. there was a new release on August 26th 2023, that fixed our issue. 

Hope this helps

--silvano

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Looks like Dataverse being flaky, you're not the only one running into this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Dataverse/Dataverse-Dataflow-lookup-field-not-acceptin...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors