Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sunil

DataFormat.Error: We cannot convert the specified value to the specified type. Details:

Hi

Am new to PowerBI , so while exploring   

i got this struck with an error ,while loading one of the table(Accounts) from salesforce to PowerBI

= Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data]

DataFormat.Error: We cannot convert the specified value to the specified type.
Details:

Any kind of help or work around would be highly appreciable  

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

I received the following error:  Data source error:  We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table.  I was not able to find anything helpful online.  I wanted to let users know what caused my error.  I merged a table that was previously merged in the same query so when I expanded the newcolumn on the second merge the process failed.  The important fact of this error is that it did not occur in the development phase on the desktop.  The error occurred in the cloud when I tried to publish the report.

Hello,

I have the same issue.

On the desktop is work very well, but after the upload to the service the refresh doesn't work.

My big issue is, that the I have a huge report with a lot of KPI and I didn't see where the issue pops up.

Any idea?

Best regards,

Tristan Küsters

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors