Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data difference from same attribute in analyze in excel and Power BI dashboard

Hello ,

I am facing a data validation issue in analyze in excel and power BI dashboard. Below is BI dashboard % distribution weekwise. 

AKJOCEANEERS_1-1685002921031.png

When same data i am analyzing on excel then getting difference in data 

AKJOCEANEERS_2-1685003180790.png

Requesting some help in resolving this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stephen for your revert. well i checked the filter and is same in both. anyhow let me float this to correct forum.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are some reasons why the data in Analyze in Excel may differ from the dashboard data in Power BI Service. For example, if you pin a visual to a dashboard in Power BI Service, it will display the data on the dashboard instead of the data in Analyze in Excel. Also, if you use a filter in Power BI Service but don't use the same filter in Analyze in Excel, it may cause the data to get out of sync. You can try to use the same filter in Analyze in Excel to solve this problem.

Also, this is the Power Query forum, and next time it's a good idea to post the question to the correct forum. This will also be very helpful in solving your problem.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors