Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cchilton
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connector JavaScript Error - SOLVED

Hello everyone, 

I built a custom connector for my API. My API is built using OData and is secured with OAuth  2.0. When I run my connector and enter an Access Token (or any value for that matter) I get this JavaScript error. Has anyone else encountered this? Or know a good fix for it? I tried using the connector in Power BI. The same thing happens. The connector was built using Visual Studio 2019. I tried using Power Query for VS Code, but I ran into so many bugs I just could not get it to work. 

Output / Error: 

cchilton_0-1684760455914.png

cchilton_3-1684761613741.png

Connector Code: 

cchilton_2-1684761193604.png

cchilton_0-1684763526831.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cchilton
Frequent Visitor

If anyone is running into issues with the custom connector I found a work around. You do not need to make a custom connector. 

In transform data select blank query as the data source and open the advanced editor. Need to add method to refresh token dynamically but this is a good starting point. 

cchilton_0-1684773652476.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cchilton
Frequent Visitor

If anyone is running into issues with the custom connector I found a work around. You do not need to make a custom connector. 

In transform data select blank query as the data source and open the advanced editor. Need to add method to refresh token dynamically but this is a good starting point. 

cchilton_0-1684773652476.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors