Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crixo
Frequent Visitor

Create row(s) according to values into different columns

I'm trying to "denormalize" data from Exchange calendar. Dataset is a list of appointments from outlook calendar mixing recursive and single appointment.
Recursive appointments are single entries with recurrency details within a dedicated column, as record, named Recurrence.
I need to create a row for each occurence of the recursive appointment leveraging on the data within the Recurrence. (eg. if the appointment occurs 50 times, I need to create 50 rows. If the appointment occurs every monday for 5 months, I need to create ~20 rows).
The logic has to be executed only if the value into a given cell matches a given condition, basically if the appointment is recursive or not.

I'm a newbie w/ M/power by, I would also appreciate hints/tutorials on finding solutions rather than the solution itself.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crixo 

When filtering the Recurrence, it also has many records.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1715321025069.png

Do you mean you want to expand all the content of it based on the happened times?  If you expanded it, it will return muitiple rows.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft,

Yes, I need to duplicate each row that is an appointment with the Recurrence data.
For ex. if I dectected, according to Recurrence.HasEnd not null, that an appointment/row has Recurrence.NumberOfOccurrences = 20, I will duplicate that row Recurrence.NumberOfOccurrences-1 where 1 is the row itself.
I need to duplicate the row to count each physical occurence after groupping by its category.

I hope that helps to clarify the scenario. Thanks a lot for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors