Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

key_master_95
Frequent Visitor

Convert currency without exchange rate

Hi, all!

I have an issue that I can't overcome.

I have one table Coffee with countries, sales in EUR and volume of sale

1table.png

and I have other table with countries, EUR, CHF

2table.png

Question  -how I can calculate total Sales in Eur and Total Sales in CHF?

Thank you in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @key_master_95 ,

Your data table may be complicated, if possible, please provide a simplified sample data for us to test, thank you.
This is a test dataset I created myself and I'm not sure if it matches the data model you are using:

vjunyantmsft_0-1704246004556.png

vjunyantmsft_1-1704246013673.png

vjunyantmsft_3-1704246104243.png

I am using the following two DAXes for this calculation:

Total Sales in EUR = 
SELECTEDVALUE(Coffee[sales in EUR(unit price)]) * SELECTEDVALUE(Coffee[volume of sale])
Total Sales in CHF = 
SUMX('Coffee', 'Coffee'[Total Sales in EUR] / RELATED('Table'[EUR]) * RELATED('Table'[CHF]))

vjunyantmsft_4-1704246125779.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

with country columns related it should work just the same. Only requirement would be that both need to be in the same data type (text) and both contain the same values: BE-BE or Belgium-Belgium. I am suposing here that in the country/currency table you have only one line per country. Please shere the error message.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @key_master_95 ,

Your data table may be complicated, if possible, please provide a simplified sample data for us to test, thank you.
This is a test dataset I created myself and I'm not sure if it matches the data model you are using:

vjunyantmsft_0-1704246004556.png

vjunyantmsft_1-1704246013673.png

vjunyantmsft_3-1704246104243.png

I am using the following two DAXes for this calculation:

Total Sales in EUR = 
SELECTEDVALUE(Coffee[sales in EUR(unit price)]) * SELECTEDVALUE(Coffee[volume of sale])
Total Sales in CHF = 
SUMX('Coffee', 'Coffee'[Total Sales in EUR] / RELATED('Table'[EUR]) * RELATED('Table'[CHF]))

vjunyantmsft_4-1704246125779.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

zenisekd
Super User
Super User

The best solution would be to have a relationship between the coffee sale table and the rate table

zenisekd_1-1704221478540.png

zenisekd_3-1704221817872.png

zenisekd_4-1704221874322.png

Next, you can use a measure:

zenisekd_6-1704221931801.png

or calculate a column.

Hi!

Thank you for the answer.

I can't build relation like Currency to currency 'cos in Coffee table haven't currency - only contries. 

I tried to implement your formula with connection Country to Contry, but it didn't work - PBI can't find related table (it's text of error)

with country columns related it should work just the same. Only requirement would be that both need to be in the same data type (text) and both contain the same values: BE-BE or Belgium-Belgium. I am suposing here that in the country/currency table you have only one line per country. Please shere the error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors