Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we write simple query in Power BI? (Snowflake)

Hi Everyone,

I am connecting to a snowflake database from Power BI.

In snowflake, I use below simple query to get my desired result:

select * from Table1 where column1=xx and column2 >='2022-07-18'

Can I not use the same query in power bi after importing the data into Power BI? If yes, can you please guide me on where to write this query?

I know the alternative solution which is importing the data into Power BI from snowflake and then using the filters to get desired result. But this is not what I am looking for.

Thanks much

Regards

A Newbie learning Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The Snowflake connector dialog has Advanced section where you can paste in SQL. Don't use a terminating semi-colon.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The Snowflake connector dialog has Advanced section where you can paste in SQL. Don't use a terminating semi-colon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff. I figured it out yesterday while exploring Power BI. I agree with what you said. Thanks for coming back 🙂

Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors