Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we merge two table visuals into one visual having same metrics but different ranking per client?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way we could merge two tables into one table visual? One table showing rank for May month and another showing ranking for June month?

Regards,

Apurva

6 REPLIES 6
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

There is no way to merge visuals. Each individual visual is based on the data table. Generally, you can create 2 measures to rank May and June and put all the field into 1 table visual. But it is hard to say without sample table.

You can share a sample pbix with existing data table and the 2 table visuals in the pbix, and also show us your expect output by merging the 2 visuals.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Please find below inputs and output data for your reference:

Ranking done on basis of Measure column which is IF(Shipped- issue <0,(Order shipped+1.5*Issues)/Oreders Recd,Ratio)

Below is MAY data - 

Apurvamah28_0-1627276170115.png

June Data :

Apurvamah28_1-1627276170213.png

Expected Output with June data and additional column reflecting May's Rank:

Apurvamah28_2-1627276170948.png

Can this be achieved reflecting prevous month's rank in current month data

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is possible using a measure with function dateadd then use -1 month.

so whatever the selection of the month, it will show the rank of the previous month.

Hope this helps.

This is doable, especially if you have a Date table and all your data (May and June data, etc.) in the same table connected to that Date table.  Is that the case? 

Also, it is easier to get help if you can provide data (instead of screen captures).  It's best to provide a link to a pbix file uploaded to OneDrive or Google Drive, but you can also paste data as a table here.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually run a query on SQL, pull out a month's data .. and then create the visuals accordingly. I don't have date tables, i've date column though.. Data is quite huge so i just shared sample snaps asto what I wish to achieve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors