Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Gekko1
Helper I
Helper I

Auto fill a query URL with some kind of selection

So, I have several BI reports that access different databases from API's through URL's in Power Query. In these URL's, the only section that changes from report to report is a key which I have to manually change in all table queries, is there a way to automatize this process? Something like a textbox where I insert this key and the system automatically replace the key section with the key I've just inserted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Parameter is for this purpose. You will need to change parameter only and query change will not be required. Your queries need to refer to the parameter. This acts as centralized variable where your queries pick up the value from that variable.

To know how to use parameter - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/power-query-query-parameters 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Parameter is for this purpose. You will need to change parameter only and query change will not be required. Your queries need to refer to the parameter. This acts as centralized variable where your queries pick up the value from that variable.

To know how to use parameter - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/power-query-query-parameters 

Thank you very much, I did some research with the link you provided and parameters were exactly what I was searching for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors