Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Attrition Rate calculation and plotting

I have a dataset which is trended and has employee information from Jan 2021 upto Jan 2023. I have calculated an attrition rate which is total leavers in 12 month period/average headcount in 12 month period. So in my case - Terminations from Feb 2022-Jan 2023/(headcount Feb 2022 + headcount Jan2023/2).

This number calculates correctly however I would like to plot this in a line graph showing month by month how the attrition rate changed. The attrition rate month to month should still show a 12 month attrition rate not monthly attrition (for e.g., 15 % in jan, 14% in feb and so on). How can i do that? I have tried calculating measures in various ways but it doesn't work. Would really appreciate some help with this. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in a line graph showing month by month how the attrition rate changed

A line chart may not be a good visual for that unless there is a correlation between those monthly rates.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors