Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBIBeginner2022
Helper III
Helper III

Add column with sixth previous month

Hi everyone,

I need to add a new custom column with sixth previous month in Power Query. I thinked to use that formula but it don't function :

= Table.AddColumn(#"Type modifié", "Extract_month M-6", each if Date.IsInPreviousNMonths([Extract_Month bis], -6) then [Extract_Month bis] else null)

Could you help me please.

Thanks in advance for any help

8 REPLIES 8
JamesRobson
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Add a new step with the following (amend as per column headers)

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "6months", each Date.AddMonths([Date],-6))

Thanks,

jennratten
Super User
Super User

Hello - please post an example of your data and the response you are getting after applying your formula.

Thanks @jennratten  for your answer,

I want this in Power Query :

Extract_Month bisExtract_Month -6
juil-22null
juil-22null
juil-22null
juil-22null
juin-22null
juin-22null
juin-22null
mai-22null
avr-22null
mars-22null
mars-22null
févr-22févr-22
févr-22févr-22
févr-22févr-22
févr-22févr-22
févr-22févr-22
janv-22null
déc-21null
nov-21null
nov-21null
nov-21null
nov-21null

I have no result with my formula above

Here you are...

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WyirNzNE1MlKK1SGanUeInZuYCWMmlhUhRIuKsbHTDq9EKCKHk5WYVwZjpxxemaxrZAhm5+WXEceMBQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Extract_Month bis" = _t]),
    ExtractMonth6= Table.AddColumn ( Source, "Extract_Month -6", let varMonths = List.Distinct ( Source[Extract_Month bis] ) in each if [Extract_Month bis] = varMonths{5} then [Extract_Month bis] else null )
in
    ExtractMonth6

jennratten_0-1658848497179.png

@jennratten thanks for your answer,

But I would just add a new custom column in my table which have already lot of column .... I can't use this code I think.

Hello again - the solution above creates a table that matches your post "I want this in Power Query".  If you are wanting something different, can you please describe the expected results?  

@jennratten 

I have table with lots of column like "Extract_ Month bis". I want added a new column called "Extract_month -6" with the same result that I send you above.

Hello - the result you are requesting matches the outcome of the solution provided.  I have shown them side-by-side below. 

jennratten_0-1658915690709.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors