Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

Canvas App integration with Power BI - Unable to import data

Hello - I followed a youtube video on integrating PowerApps on Power BI dashboard. I am running into an issue and after hours of searching I am posting to this forum.

I initiated a PowerApps session in PowerBI and then in the ensuing Canvas Apps portal, I connected to a Sharepoint data source. I entered the following function for the Form: 

LookUp('DAR - Data Dictionary Submission Form','Name of the Table (u)'=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).Table)

I published the app and refreshed the PowerBI. I see the form in PowerBI but the data fields don't show up. Can anyone please advice on what I could have overlooked?

Form view in Canvas Apps

Form view in Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aaa12
Frequent Visitor

turns out it was cardinality issue. I was forming a one to many relationship but PowerBI Integration require 1:1 relationship.

Sharing this in case it helps someone else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aaa12
Frequent Visitor

turns out it was cardinality issue. I was forming a one to many relationship but PowerBI Integration require 1:1 relationship.

Sharing this in case it helps someone else.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

fair point but I can confirm i created it on make.powerapps.com studio. I followed the youtube video so I know it should work.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response, and yes, I have tried recreating it but unfortunately it has not worked. About your comment about it still loading: it has been loading for several hours and I am only working with a few row items so I feel there is probably something more to it. 

Is this the SharePoint integration canvas app, or did you create it from the make.powerapps.com studio? I am wondering if that has something to do with it - there are a few Power Apps features that don't work when you are creating the form customization directly from SharePoint vs creating a blank app and connecting to SharePoint as a source... 

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

@christinepayton : Have you faced something similar before?

No, I don't use the Power App integration very often though - it looks like it thinks it's still loading, have you tried re-adding the Power Apps visual to the PBI report page? That might shake it loose... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.