Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to access files in lakehouse via OneLake

Hi all,

I'm having a problem accessing folders in one of my lakehouses. I've got 3 in total, 2 of which I can access the files just fine.

Just in one of my lakehouses (the first one in terms of data pipeline) gives this error. I've tried to recreate the lakehouse with completely different names, but as soon as I put some files (.parquet, .json, .csv, it doesn't matter) in it it errors out.

The other two lakehouses contain .parquet files in delta format. Is that a requirement to see the files in OneLake?

Noeleke1301_0-1712135681529.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks to Elizabeth Oldag for her support.

It looks like the issue is due to the file name having the character ‘:’, which is not supported by Windows. For reference, please check https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file#naming-conventions

So files like (TABLE_2024-04-03T02:00:16:3337208Z.parquet), which has : in the name is unable to sync and make the folder unreachable.

Changing the file name made everything work again.

The mitigation for this is to change the file name.  Sorry for the confusion and let us know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks to Elizabeth Oldag for her support.

It looks like the issue is due to the file name having the character ‘:’, which is not supported by Windows. For reference, please check https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file#naming-conventions

So files like (TABLE_2024-04-03T02:00:16:3337208Z.parquet), which has : in the name is unable to sync and make the folder unreachable.

Changing the file name made everything work again.

The mitigation for this is to change the file name.  Sorry for the confusion and let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi @Noeleke1301 ,

Glad to know that you were able resolve your issue. 
Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your reply. That's indeed what I'm talking about.

Screenshot of File Explorer below.

Noeleke1301_1-1712142724530.png

And a screenshot of my other lakehouse, in which I can view the files fine.

Noeleke1301_2-1712142790404.png

Hi @Noeleke1301 ,

Can you please share the screenshot by opening file (for which you are facing issue) present in Lakehouse via Fabric?  I can understand what kind of data is present. And if this looks like an issue, I am going to check with internal team.

Certainly! Here's the preview of the file via Fabric. Because it's .parquet it can't actually show the data inside though, but at least I can access the "Staging" folder. I can't even do that in OneLake.

Noeleke1301_0-1712144020915.png

Hi @Noeleke1301 ,

Apologize for the issue you are facing. 
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Noeleke1301 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you confirm whether you are facing this issue here?

vgchennamsft_0-1712142079926.png

If yes, can you please share the screenshot from fabric lakehouse. So that I will try reproduce your issue, inorder to guide you better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors