Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ostrzak
Frequent Visitor

Problems with moving a workspace to another region/accessing resources

Hi,

I have a problem: while using Fabric in a trial period I managed a workspace with several notebooks. After my organization went with the Fabric in general availability, I stopped the trial period. The problem is, that my workspace is assigned as "Pro", and to access the notebooks I need the "Premium" of "Fabric" capacity.

Fabric option is unavailable for me, and when I want to move it to Premium, I get an error that my workspace is stored in a different geo-region and currently cannot be moved. 

I'm working on it with our Fabric Admin, but she is busy with other tasks and will be able to look into it in some time. Will she be able to simply move it to Fabric capacity? I would be very glad for any guidance!

Ostrzak_0-1704458721638.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

One thing I could suggest is using an F2 Azure Fabric SKU which is in the same region as your workspace and can successfully be assigned.  Then you can access the workbooks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

One thing I could suggest is using an F2 Azure Fabric SKU which is in the same region as your workspace and can successfully be assigned.  Then you can access the workbooks

Hi @Ostrzak 

Following up to see on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Hi @Ostrzak 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors