Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krishn
Helper I
Helper I

Need help in accessing key vault secrets from fabric notebooks

We are relatively new to Microsoft Fabric, having recently acquired a subscription and embarking on a small project implementation. Upon realizing that Microsoft Fabric lacks a pre-built Key Vault feature similar to Azure, we've been researching various knowledge articles and sites. It appears that we can access Azure Key Vault secrets (given our Azure subscription) through Fabric notebook. Could you please assist us in navigating the steps to access Azure Key Vault secrets in Microsoft Fabric? Any help could be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Thnaks for the details, we have shared the aproach with client and currently waiting for their response. I actually followed the steps in my personnel subscription and it worked well. I struggled a bit to follow the instructions. Will keep you updated on the implementation on the secure tenant. Appreciate.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krishn 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

As I understand that you are looking about accessing Azure Key Vault secrets within Microsoft Fabric notebooks. You're right, Fabric itself doesn't have a built-in Key Vault feature. Azure Key Vault provides a secure and efficient way to manage secrets, ensuring that your credentials remain confidential. However, there's a convenient way to achieve this using Fabric MSSPARKUTILS package.

For more details please refer : Reading and Writing Secrets in Azure Key Vault Using Microsoft Fabric Notebooks

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Hi @krishn 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @krishn 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Hi Thnaks for the details, we have shared the aproach with client and currently waiting for their response. I actually followed the steps in my personnel subscription and it worked well. I struggled a bit to follow the instructions. Will keep you updated on the implementation on the secure tenant. Appreciate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors