Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ashwath_Bala_S
Helper II
Helper II

How to create Calculated Tables

Hi,

In Power BI, we have the option of creating "Calculated Tables" (say for example, CALENDARAUTO() which we use to generate a date table based on the data loaded into the model).

(i) I have tried creating dataflows in Fabric, imported the same in "Power BI Desktop" and created Calculated table. It worked.

(ii)Is there any method inside Microsoft Fabric, to directly create any "Calculated Tables"?

I would like to get to know about different methods available to create calculate tables inside Microsoft Fabric.

(iii) I have tried connecting my Power BI Desktop to Fabric Lakehouse, but I am not able to create any new tables in Power BI Desktop.

Is there any way to create calculated tables inside Microsoft Fabric.

Kindly let me know if there any solutions for this!

Any assistance and reference on this would be highly helpful.

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ashwath_Bala_S 

(ii)  You can create calculated tables in Direct Lake models provided they do not reference other tables in the model ( so CALENDAR() should work, but CALENDARAUTO may not)

(iii) You cannot currently edit Direct Lake models in Desktop you need to use the Web Editor at this time.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ashwath_Bala_S
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft ,

Thanks for your reply and keeping me updated!

Hi @Ashwath_Bala_S 

(ii)  You can create calculated tables in Direct Lake models provided they do not reference other tables in the model ( so CALENDAR() should work, but CALENDARAUTO may not)

(iii) You cannot currently edit Direct Lake models in Desktop you need to use the Web Editor at this time.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft ,

Yeah, it helps!

Thank You!

Hi @Ashwath_Bala_S 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ashwath_Bala_S 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors