Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Scott_Powell
Advocate III
Advocate III

Full list of IP addresses for *.datawarehouse.pbidedicated.windows.net

Hi - we're trying to get our on-premise gateway to properly work with Fabric lakehouse and warehouse destinations. According to the docs we need to add firewall rules to allow access for port 1433 (TDS endpoint) to *.datawarehouse.pbidedicated.windows.net. Unfortunately, it seems like our software is older and we need to add individual IP addresses instead of a wildcarded URL. Is there anywhere that a FULL list of IP addresses is kept?

My Gen2 dataflows are for the most part working - but still fail intermittently with what seems to be networking type errors. I'm concerned that while testing we didn't get a full list of IPs.

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Scott_Powell 

Apologies for the delay in response.

There is no official list of IP address for the *.datawarehouse.pbidedicated.windows.net domain, as they are subject to change. However, you can use the following methods to obtain the current IP addresses for your data region:

• Use the nslookup command in a command prompt or PowerShell window to query the DNS records for the domain. 
  • Use the Azure IP Ranges and Service Tags - Public Cloud service to download a JSON file that contains the IP ranges for various Azure services, including Fabric. For more details please refer this thread link.

Alternatively, you can try to update your firewall or proxy software to support fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) instead of IP addresses, as this is the recommended way to configure your on-premises data gateway for Fabric. For more details please refer Ports.

I hope this information helps Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HimanshuS-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Scott_Powell 
Thanks for using the Fabric community.

Are you refering to the Azure public range ? If yes may be you are looking for this .https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653

Thanks
HImanshu

Hi @HimanshuS-msft , I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I just pinged the SQL endpoint for a Lakehouse, and the IP address that came back (20.42.6.81) isn't listed in that document anywhere.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @Scott_Powell 

Apologies for the delay in response.

There is no official list of IP address for the *.datawarehouse.pbidedicated.windows.net domain, as they are subject to change. However, you can use the following methods to obtain the current IP addresses for your data region:

• Use the nslookup command in a command prompt or PowerShell window to query the DNS records for the domain. 
  • Use the Azure IP Ranges and Service Tags - Public Cloud service to download a JSON file that contains the IP ranges for various Azure services, including Fabric. For more details please refer this thread link.

Alternatively, you can try to update your firewall or proxy software to support fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) instead of IP addresses, as this is the recommended way to configure your on-premises data gateway for Fabric. For more details please refer Ports.

I hope this information helps Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Hi @Scott_Powell 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Hi @Scott_Powell 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft  - FYI any time network and security teams need to be involved in a health care organization things will automatically take a long time to resolve 😉

But long and short - yesterday we get the IP ranges from the Azure .json file imported into our firewall, and everything is working perfectly. I'm trying to figure a way to automate this process, but it's definitely the way to go.

Thank you for your assistance, I'll mark your reply as the solution.

Thanks!

Scott

Hi,

Have you imported ALL IP's from this json file or from particular service tags?

Thank you.

hi @cieplag , in our case we only imported the IPs listed in the Power BI section. It comes out to something like 450ish different IP addresses.

Hope this helps!

Scott

It works, thanks a lot @Scott_Powell!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors