Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amaaiia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data pipeline COPY activity vs Dataflow Gen2 text ingest with lowercase

I've ingested one table with DFg2 and the same table with COPY activity. I've realised that one column is in uppercase when DFg2 is used, and in lowercase when COPY is used. In source (SQL Server on prem) is in uppercase. Why is COPY activity parsing from uppercase to lowercase?

This is the UNION of the same row in both tables:

amaaiia_0-1713342338151.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @amaaiia 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. The internal team has confirmed that this is a bug. I have created a bug for the same. The team is working on this to fix the issue. I will keep you posted regarding the updates.
Appreciate your patience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amaaiia 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I tried to repro the above scenario, but did not face any issue as mentioned above. Are you facing this issue with all the tables and columns?
Please try again and let me know if the issue persists.
Thanks

Hi @amaaiia 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

No. I've checked the query executed at source. If I run this query directly at source I get the results in uppercase. However, when running from COPY activity, I get it in lowercase.

Hi @amaaiia 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. The internal team has confirmed that this is a bug. I have created a bug for the same. The team is working on this to fix the issue. I will keep you posted regarding the updates.
Appreciate your patience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors