Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MagnusGarl

Connecting Lakehouse to Google Colab

Hi,

I like fabrics alot but I find it lagging that there is no option to use GPu / CUDA to train your ML-models.
I was wondering if there is a way I can connect my lakehouse to a google colab notebook and utilise resources?

Hope you can help.
Best 
Magnus 

4 REPLIES 4
MagnusGarl

Hi,

Thank you for clarifying. 
Is there another way to get better training conditions for a ML-model? 
Or will GPU soon be avaible on Fabrics? 

Best 

Hi @MagnusGarl 

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.
Feedback channel link: Feedback Link 

Or you can upvote the existing MS Fabric GPU / Cuda support feedback: Microsoft Idea.

Thanks.

Hi @MagnusGarl 

We value your input and wanted to check if you had the opportunity to share your feedback on our previous conversation regarding GPU/CUDA support in Microsoft Fabric through the existing Microsoft Idea channel. Upvoting this request helps our product team prioritize features based on user demand.

Thanks.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MagnusGarl 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Currently there is no direct connector available for connecting Microsoft Fabric Lakehouse to Google Colab notebooks. This means you can't directly access and utilize resources within the Lakehouse from a Colab environment.
Microsoft Fabric is part of the Azure cloud platform, while Colab is a Google Research product. Microsoft Fabric is a Microsoft service, while Colab is a Google service. Direct integrations between these competing cloud services are generally not a priority.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.