Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

suhaibma

Notebooks not getting remapped to reference the new lakehouse in target workspace after deployment

Lakehouses in deployment pipelines 

I have three environments (or workspaces) Dev, Test & Production like so,

suhaibma_0-1709715456825.png

The DEV workspace is connected to git with the workspace pointing to the main branch.

I also have a deployment pipeline to move changes from DEV -> TEST -> PROD like so,

suhaibma_1-1709715498535.png

I have not configured any rules yet. According to the official documentation for lakehouse deployment pipelines,

suhaibma_2-1709715546827.png

If I do not have any rules specified during deployment, a new empty lakehouse gets created and all the notebooks should reference the new empty lakehouse in the target workspace. However, this is not happening in my case:

I can see that my test workspace notebook still reference development lakehouses and if I go in to change the lakehouses I find the DEV lakehouses greyed out,

suhaibma_3-1709715675870.png

which does mean that they still reference the DEV lakehouses.

7 REPLIES 7
suhaibma

Hi Gopi,

My issue is that notebook references are not remapped after deployment. Meaning that my notebooks in DEV reference lakehouses in DEV, after deploying to TEST, they should automatically reference lakehouses in TEST (This was working earlier).

To repro you'll have to attach the lakehouses to the notebook1 you created like so,

suhaibma_0-1709718186819.png

Then you'll need to deploy them to the TEST workspace and the reference should change from DEV lakehouses and they should now point to the new TEST lakehouses.

You might have to delete the TEST workspace and try again.

Hi @suhaibma ,

Apologies for issue you are facing.
I got a confirmation from team that this is known issue and team is working on the fix. ETA for fix release is mid-April. 

Hope you understand and appreciate your patience.

I do not see that this is displayed as part of the known issues. Can this be updated there then?

Hi @suhaibma ,

I have shared this feedback to internal team, we would update this as part of known issues.

Hope this is helpful.

Hello @suhaibma ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .
Thanks

Hi @suhaibma ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .
Thanks

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @suhaibma ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.