Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arpost
Advocate V
Advocate V

**BUG** Tables added to semantic model are duplicating schema and don't work in reports

Greetings, community. I have a semantic model I created on top of a Fabric data warehouse in which tables that get added seem to be duplicating schemas, which breaks reports. In the fake example below, this is what I get when I add a column from the affected table into a report. should be "abr.Store" not "abr.abr.Store". This seems to be an under-the-hood issue as none of this is reflected in the name of the table itself.

arpost_1-1710255364195.png

Anyone else having this issue? Really frustrating as it makes it impossible to create semantic models in the Service on top of Fabric. I know there is another bug with semantic models that has been reported (community link), but that is different from this bug.

The steps are as follows:

1. Click New semantic model on the Reporting tab of the Fabric Data Warehouse.
  2. Select tables/views you want to view and save.
  3. Open new semantic model.
  4. Click Open data model.
    arpost_2-1710255546023.png
  5. Click Edit tables.
  6. Add new tables.
  7. Connect to DW with report.
  8. Add fields to visual.
  9. Get error.

3 REPLIES 3
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arpost 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Hi @arpost 

Apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing here.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions, If its a bug, we will definitely would like to know and properly address it. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

I have already worked with Microsoft support on this issue, and they mentioned a bug had been reported internally. No timeline on a fix was given, though. Ticket # is 2402230040013496

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors