Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

DennesTorres
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Problems with eventstream's lakehouse transformation

Hi,

When applying an aggregate to a lakehouse transformation in the eventstream, we can't change the name of the aggregated column:

DennesTorres_0-1696352394183.png

We can't change that "COUNT_*"

Probably as a result, when we choose to create the table in the lakehouse, the table is not created and the process fails.

DennesTorres_1-1696352527964.png

The message should not be telling me the table was not found, because I asked the target to create it.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

After additional test, I discovered the name of the columns can be customized by a transformation called "Manage Fields".

On the other hand, if I choose an existing table to insert the ingested data, all the fields from the ingestion automatically override the fields on the existing table, specially if the "Manage Fields" is not manually included to rename the ingested fields to the name of the existing table fields.

This seems very strange, could this be considered a bug?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DennesTorres
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After some tests, I discovered the table was in fact created, but the "strange" field name prevents the table to be acessed through SQL Endpoint.

DennesTorres_0-1696353911899.png

The eventstream, on the other hand, seems to be making the preview through the SQL Endpoint, so the preview fails with the message I sent before.

Besides that, in the middle of the process I changed the Group By configuration, this table should have an additional field, but eventstream didn't manage neither to drop and create again or to send a meaningful message.

DennesTorres_1-1696354318879.png

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Hi,

After additional test, I discovered the name of the columns can be customized by a transformation called "Manage Fields".

On the other hand, if I choose an existing table to insert the ingested data, all the fields from the ingestion automatically override the fields on the existing table, specially if the "Manage Fields" is not manually included to rename the ingested fields to the name of the existing table fields.

This seems very strange, could this be considered a bug?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors