Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

BW_RFA
Helper I
Helper I

Ingest Data from Streaming API

I am trying to ingest data into my Lakehouse from a streaming API (https://developer-specs.company-information.service.gov.uk/streaming-api/guides/overview)

I currently do this using a Function App that connects to the API and packages and stores files every 8 minutes. The Function then reconnects using the latest timestamp processed. This is the recommended method in the above link.

How can I recreate this in Fabric pipelines/eventstream to ingest the streaming data into OneLake?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BW_RFA ,

You can use a python script to regularly poll the API and send it to Eventstreams which can then send to Lakehouse or KQL DB or even easier way if velocity is not a problem is to setup a Logic App which reads from the API and send to Eventstreams.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BW_RFA ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Did you got a chance to look into this Real Time Analytics Fabric?

Microsoft Fabric event streams overview - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Hi,

I have but it doesn't explain how I can connect to a streaming API. Should I do this through a custom app, eventHubs or IoT Hub?

I don't think it's a good use case for IoT Hub, and EventHubs needs data to be pushed to it instead of pulling the data.

How would writing a custom app for this scenario work? Would it be a case of using the same/similar code to the one in the current ingestion Function App I have? 

Hi @BW_RFA ,

You can use a python script to regularly poll the API and send it to Eventstreams which can then send to Lakehouse or KQL DB or even easier way if velocity is not a problem is to setup a Logic App which reads from the API and send to Eventstreams.

Hello @BW_RFA ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi,

I am building a custom app to ingest this data. Thank you for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors