Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

krzysztof
Helper III
Helper III

query editor last date refresh

How do I set up the query editor in m language to create a column that will show me the last refresh date of the source data?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@krzysztof,

You may use DateTime functions.

DateTime.LocalNow()
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@krzysztof,

You may use DateTime functions.

DateTime.LocalNow()
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

Did you find a resolution to this yet?  This is what I've been doing, but I'm interested to know if there is a better (more straightforward) way.

1.) Depending on the data source, I've been creating a new datetime column at the source to get the current timestamp.  This can be included in an existing query or as a new query in the PBI Query Editor.

2.) On the PBI Desktop, I create a new measure to return that current timestamp.  For example,

Last Refresh = "Last Refresh : " & LASTDATE('PBI_LAST_REFRESH_DATE'[REFRESH_DATE])

3.) On the canvas, I use a standard Card visual to display the value of that measure. 

When the data source is refreshed, then the current timestamp column is recalculated at the source & re-imported into PBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.