Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Prakash1050
Helper II
Helper II

Tooltip in Visuals

Hi All,

I have a bar chart of current and previous month measures.
    And I need to show two different types of tooltip (Two different Pie Chart Visuals for current and previous month) from hover the bar chart visual.
    Please help me to done this scenario. 

Thanks in Advance.

Prakash1050_2-1691574880747.png

Like Above Images. It shows only one piechart in tooltips. But I Need Different type of piechart for current and previous month. 

4 REPLIES 4
Martin_D
Super User
Super User

I think this problem can be solved in the measures. Would you like to share your file to show how it works with the constraints of your file, and provide additional images of what the other pie chart quickinfo should look like?

Sure,

Prakash1050_0-1691758767473.png

This Image For Current Month.

Prakash1050_3-1691758919399.png

This Image for Previous Month.

The visual is Bar Chart and have two measure 1.Current Month 2. Previous Month.
If i hover the current month bar it shows 1st image and hover previous bar it shows second image.
These image done by two card visual before the bar chart visual and the card visual have these tooltips. But i don't want these card visual tooltip. I want bar chart visual tooltips.

Martin_D
Super User
Super User

Hi @Prakash1050 ,

My approach would be to create a disconnected table with one column containing all the labels for your current and previous bar segments, create a measure based on SWITCH DAX function to choose the measure based on the bar segment, and replace the two measures in the bars with the one column. This way, the context of the bar segment, current or previous, is also transferred to the tooltip page. There you can do the same, create a disconnected table with a row for each potential pie segment that should occur in the tooltip anywhere, use this as categories for the pie cahrt, and create another measure that reacts on the current or previous context from the bar chart and the segments of the pie chart and returns each value as needed in each context. E.g. if SELECTEDVALUE of your disconnected table for the bar chart is "current", the measure for the pie chart returns values for some segments and blank for others while if SELECTEDVALUE of your disconnected table for the bar chart is "previous" then the measure for the pie chart returns values for some other segments as with "current" and blank for others. So it's basically the same pie chart in the tooltip for both bar segments, but showing different measures or categories depending on the current or previous context from the bar chart. You can even apply same or different colors for the pie segments shown in current or previous context in the formatting pane of the pie chart.
BR
Martin

github.pnglinkedin.png

Hi @Martin_D ,

Thanks for reply. But the current month and previous month values comes only when the date is filtered. So, The disconnected table we can't create and the value also coming not correctly. any other logic to done this scenario please share it.

Thank You

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.