Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Ckarina

Tableau FIXED function (LOD) to power BI with IF statement

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching you cause I need some help, I'm trying to replicate the Tableau FIXED function to Power BI, I think I can use Selected Value but I'm not getting the expected results. I would like to know if someone knows how I can do this:

If the Reference has "Control" put that value in all the rows of the Project that corresponds, if the Project has no Control, then 0.

I have this other measure that works fine with ALLSELECTED at the end and tried to replicate but I'm getting errors.

Measure1= CALCULATE(

IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Reference])<>"Control",[Value]),ALLSELECTED('Table'))

Here is where I try to put SLECETEDVALUE at the end and doesn't work

Control Value =CALCULATE(
    IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Reference])="Control",[Value]))

Any ideas how can I achieve this?

Ckarina_1-1698540182086.png

Thank you all!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is a standard "Filtering Up" pattern, usually achieved via REMOVEFILTERS. 

Does it have to be a measure?  Can the result be impacted by user interaction with your report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.