Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table values not displays values after making sum of fields

Hi everyone,

I need some solution for one of my work in PowerBI,

Question:  how to display all field value from Table A  after using summarize data from other tables<table 1,2,3>

what is issue

I have issue on displaying all ID's from Table A irrespective in a Table Visual while using the summary option.

Logendran_0-1672205549482.png

Above is the picture i have noted with relationships

Table A  - main table contains ID field but no P.name columns to relate table 1,2,3

Table B - intermediate table to relation with Table A and table 1,2,3 which has both ID and P.Name

Table 1,2,3 - table contains P.Name but not ID and values respective with P.Name

I need to visuals as like below

Logendran_1-1672205775437.png

ID is common and Region is column in Table A and which is not in other tables

My issue is table 1,2,3 have only region A values and not B and C. while adding the fields <table 1 vlaue,table2 value, table2 value> into table visuals i need to summarize the data since it have non unique P.Name. 
if i use Dont summarize option i will getting all Region Values but for Region A, I'm getting repeated values since it is non-unique values

If i summarise the values <in order to get single line value> I'm not getting values for Region B and C. 

Logendran_2-1672206470146.png

Sorry for my english written but hope you understand the scenario.

Kindly any one help me what action i need to use. is the issue with relation or functionality

FYI: I could not use grouping here because I filtering the vlaues with Date field in table1,2,3

Thanks 

M Logendran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please select the visual, then navigate to Fields pane and checked the option "Show items with no data". Please find the details in the attachment.

yingyinr_0-1672306140127.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to get a summarized table with all fields values from table A, table B, table 1, table 2 and table3. You can refer the following links to get it:

1. By Power Query

Append vs. Merge in Power BI and Power Query

yingyinr_0-1672294184353.png

Power BI combine columns from two tables

2. By DAX

Combine Tables or Create Relationships? The Power BI Modeling Best Practice

Combining Tables in Power BI: Union, Except, and Intersect in DAX

UNION(Table1,Table2)

yingyinr_1-1672294300366.png

If the above ones can't help you get the expected result, please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

H @v-yiruan-msft , Thanks for valuable reply. But still I find it was different scenario. I have attached screenshot below.hope this give better idea. If not let me know i change the option

* for some technical reason i could not upload my any excel or pbix outside of my computer.

Logendran_0-1672297734831.png

Thanks 

M Logendrn

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please select the visual, then navigate to Fields pane and checked the option "Show items with no data". Please find the details in the attachment.

yingyinr_0-1672306140127.png

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG Thanks @v-yiruan-msft . It works for me. I thought I missed something simple, but your work shows it was my fault. Great. Thank you once more for reproducing and sharing my samples in PBI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.