Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ROGI
Regular Visitor

RLS embedded Licensing Question

Hi, RLS now work with embedded service but I can't find any information regarding the licensing.

One of the main advantages of having PowerBI embedded is to be able to use it externally in an app but RLS requiere Power BI Pro... so ? how this work when they are together ?

If I have for example a Power BI app that I want to give to my clients where every client need to see only his related info, if I have 100 clients I would need to pay 100 Pro Licenses ? if the anwser is yes... what it's the point ??? I would just use Power BI Services without embedded.

Thx

Best Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a whole other license type for using Power BI Embeeded. Now you don´t pay per user as with Power BI PRO, now you pay per render. Every 100 time/month user consumes a report embedded through the azureportal you will be charged with 4.2 Euro.

RLS works great with Power BI Embedded. You will not need a singel PRO License to accomplich this.

Follow this link for more information about pricing:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

Hi Christofer,

I saw that link, this text taken from that link is the one that confuse me.

You may use the Power BI Embedded service in your applications that (1) add primary and significant functionality to our service and are not primarily a substitute for any Power BI service, and (2) are provided for third party use. Power BI Embedded is not intended for use within your organization’s internal business applications unless your internal users are also covered by a Power BI Pro User Subscription License (USL).

I don´t know why even mention Pro USL if there isn´t any relationship.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sentence is indeed misleading and incorrect. I´ve set up Power BI Embedded for over ~100k customers, noone of them have Power BI PRO. Everything is paid through the Azureportals session-subscription.

@Anonymous wrote:

That sentence is indeed misleading and incorrect. I´ve set up Power BI Embedded for over ~100k customers, noone of them have Power BI PRO. Everything is paid through the Azureportals session-subscription.

Is this mean internal application(SharePoint) also consider to charges via AzurePortal by session subscription without those user to subscribe Power BI Pro?

Regards,

Eik Den

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors