Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Aizenn

Power BI to show pyspark output

Hi,
I'm new to PowerBI, I was wondering if there is a possiblity to trigger a pyspark process in a dashboard.
Eventually I want to have a dashboard that allow the user to input some parameters (like dates,locations etc..)
and then accordingly run a pyspark process to compute some logic on big data which output a dataframe with the results.
these results should be fed back to PowerBI dashboard.

When I used Tableau, I used tabpy as a backend process which was triggered and return data to Tableau.

Is it possible to do such thing in PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aizenn,

AFAIK, current power bi does not include writeback features, you may need to use other product to achieve these.

For example, you can try to use PowerApps to create an canvas app about submit data operations. 

Write data in a Power Apps canvas app - Training | Microsoft Learn

After these steps, you can integrate this app to power bi report side with power apps visual.

Embed a new Power App in a Power BI Report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aizenn,

AFAIK, current power bi does not include writeback features, you may need to use other product to achieve these.

For example, you can try to use PowerApps to create an canvas app about submit data operations. 

Write data in a Power Apps canvas app - Training | Microsoft Learn

After these steps, you can integrate this app to power bi report side with power apps visual.

Embed a new Power App in a Power BI Report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.