Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arizasto
Regular Visitor

Power BI Report Builder - Issue loading image from Database

Hello all,

I really need some help on this issue.

Target

Be able to see images in Power BI Report Builder

Context

I'm loading images from a database, the image field type is Binary and I can see the images in Power BI Desktop by converting the Binary to Text and to Base64 after it.

This dataset is published in a Premium Workspace.

Dataset Fields

ID (Number)

logo (text)

base64Logo (Image URL)

Problem

In Report Builder, I'm loading the dataset from the Premium Workspace and add the image by following the next steps:

1- Insert Table

2- Add ID field

3- Insert Image

3.1- Select the image source -> Database

3.2- Use this field -> logo

3.3- Use this MIME type -> image/jpeg

After publishing, I'm receiving the following error:

'This report makes use of an external image which could not be fetched.
Please contact the report author to update this report, and verify that the image exists and can be accessed anonymously'

Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I think the reason you can't upload the images is because you are trying to access them with some kind of authentication and not anonymously. I have been checking that if the image you want to upload is published, for example, on the webpage of an online newspaper, it loads without problem. However, if you try to load an image that is on Google drive, or Sharepoint, the program is not able to access it.
This is what the system tells you when the error occurs: "verify that the image exists and can be accessed anonymously'".
I am also trying to do the same as you, but I think the PBI Report Builder program has this limitation, I hope for the time being.

Arizasto
Regular Visitor

I think I solve the main issue by clicking in the following option, 'Enable preview features'.

Arizasto_1-1683579151189.png

, but right now the images don't load.

Arizasto_0-1683579081442.png

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.