Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

somewhereels
Frequent Visitor

Onelake file access API

Hi All,

Wondering if anyonce can help me. I'm very new to using Fabric and APIs in general. I have a file stored in one lake that I would like to access using an API. I've been following Microsofts guide here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/onelake/onelake-access-api#onelake-and-adls-gen2-parity but no luck. I'm able to successfully use the same access token endpoint/client id/client_secret to access a file stored in traditional data lake gen 2 blob storage but as soon as I try and use onelake it gives me this error "User is not authorized to perform current operation for workspace ABC and artifact XYZ".

I've got my admin to enable the setting in the workspace that says users can access onelake outside of the workspace. What else am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @somewhereels ,

Make sure that the account you are using has the necessary permissions for the specific workspace and project you are accessing, you can check the permissions for the workspace and semantic models by following the link below.

Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Semantic model permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.