Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dipankar
Regular Visitor

Need Help!! - Email Notification using Data Alerts and MS Flow

Hello All.

Bascially, I have a report in which I am showing list of the employees who received bonus and their details.
So, I have this requirement where I have to send email notifications to the all employees who received bonus.

For achieving this, I have a card on report which shows count of employees who received bonus and basically pinned this card to a dasboard and created a data alert on condition (employees with bonus > 0). Then I used Microsoft flow and created a flow where when a data driven alert is triggerd then I will have an action to send mail to the employees with bonus.

The part where I am stuck is how to make the email recipients dynamic i.e. to be able to send mails to only those users who received bonus, say for the next quarter when again this alert is triggered the mails are only sent to user who received bonus in that quarter. 

Please, suggest if we can somehow pass dynamic list of employees in MS Flow or if there is some workaround for achieving this.

2 REPLIES 2
MiaZhao
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @dipankar,

I recently encountered a similar issue sending emails via FLOW based on the dynamic address in power bi. Can you tell me your solution please?

Thanks.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dipankar wrote:

Hello All.

Bascially, I have a report in which I am showing list of the employees who received bonus and their details.
So, I have this requirement where I have to send email notifications to the all employees who received bonus.

For achieving this, I have a card on report which shows count of employees who received bonus and basically pinned this card to a dasboard and created a data alert on condition (employees with bonus > 0). Then I used Microsoft flow and created a flow where when a data driven alert is triggerd then I will have an action to send mail to the employees with bonus.

The part where I am stuck is how to make the email recipients dynamic i.e. to be able to send mails to only those users who received bonus, say for the next quarter when again this alert is triggered the mails are only sent to user who received bonus in that quarter. 

Please, suggest if we can somehow pass dynamic list of employees in MS Flow or if there is some workaround for achieving this.

@dipankar

The alert message doesn't contain the correlated mail recipients. As far as I know, it only contains the acutal count of employees. So in your case, the workaround may be

1. The alert from Power BI triggers your Flow.
  2. Flow then queries the correlated mail recipients from the original datasource and send to recipients accordingly.

As to further advice, I'd suggest you post in the dedicated Flow forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.