Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pietrodig

Matrix data mapping with multiple values?

Hi everyone,

in my use case I am exploring the possibility to use the matrix hierarchical data view mapping model:

Understand data view mapping in Power BI visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

that perfectly fits my needs except for one thing: I would like to split the "values" measures in multiple data roles.

For instance, let us consider this use case: I have a dataset with countries, cities, lats, longs, city population, city size, etc...

Countries and cities can be mapped hierarchically, while city population and city size are values, as long as lats and longs. The only thing is that I would like to separate lats and longs in two connected data roles, so that the user can directly drag and drop the columns from the table in the data roles, instead of putting everything in the values data roles (which is also confusing).

I tried several solutions for this (grouping, selecting) but none of them work.

Thanks in advance for your support!

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pietrodig ,

It seems that you want to split the measures into separate data roles. Specifically, you want to separate the latitude and longitude measures into their own data roles, rather than including them in the "values" data role. I'm afraid that it's not possible to split measures into separate data roles within a single matrix visual in Power BI. However, you could create multiple matrix visuals and use drillthrough or drilldown functionality to navigate between them based on user actions. Alternatively, you could consider using a different type of visual, such as a table or a scatter chart, that allows you to include multiple measures in separate columns or data roles.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors