Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rinatGil
Helper I
Helper I

Incremental refresh to Power BI with custom connector from API Rest source

Hi, we saw this code sample from the Incremental refresh documentation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#supported-data-... 
this code used remote (Source API Rest data) source with the RangeStart and RangeEnd , when we try to do that with a custom connector we can’t get access to these Managed parameters.
is there a way do this Incremental refresh with a custom connector and make?

4 REPLIES 4
rinatGil
Helper I
Helper I

@jaweher899 
what are the necessary information and how does it work, we don’t have access to managed parameter with the connector, and this is the only thing the documentation says that we need to do

@jaweher899  ? 

LiranRom
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your answer,

Can you please give an example or link to an example that shows how to add this "appropriate logic in your connector code to retrieve the necessary data based on the provided range start and end values"

Our connector get no parameters from outside, just a JSON token for the authorization

and it has a API call we perform to server that has range time parameters (start and end time)

the question is how to connect between the URL we use in the Wenb.Content(URL) and the powerbi RandeStart / RangeEnd parameters

meaning: we are edit the connector code in VisualStudio. if I will write RangeStart and try to use it as a parameter in the URL - the code won't compile and it does not know what is RangeStart (it is undefined param)

Thanks,

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

it is possible to do incremental refresh with a custom connector in Power BI. The custom connector should support incremental refresh by providing the necessary information such as the range start and end values, so that Power BI can determine which data to retrieve during the refresh operation.

To implement incremental refresh with a custom connector, you would need to add the appropriate logic in your connector code to retrieve the necessary data based on the provided range start and end values.

For example, if your custom connector is using an API to retrieve data, you would need to add parameters to the API call to specify the range of data to retrieve based on the provided range start and end values. The API should return only the data that falls within the specified range, which will then be used for the incremental refresh in Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.