Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

quibtisa

I keep getting the error message "ModuleNotFoundError"

I'm working on a Python project in which I scrape data from a website using the requests and BeautifulSoup modules. Yet, I continue to receive the problem message "ModuleNotFoundError: No module called 'bs4'". I attempted to install BeautifulSoup using pip, but it did not appear to work.

import requests
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

url = 'https://www.example.com'
response = requests.get(url)
soup = BeautifulSoup(response.text, 'html.parser')

This is the error message:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bs4'

I attempted pip install beautifulsoup4 in the terminal, but when I try to execute the script, I get the same error message.

Yet, despite my efforts, the outcome is not what I had hoped for. I came across this article that uses the example, but I'm not sure I got it right. Could you please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quibtisa,

Did these packages host on the same path that you installed the python? If not, have you confirmed power bi and python has enough permissions to access these paths and files? (AFAIK, current it seems not support cloudy path)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, I'd like to suggest you check the following document about support python package in power bi if helps:

Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quibtisa,

Did these packages host on the same path that you installed the python? If not, have you confirmed power bi and python has enough permissions to access these paths and files? (AFAIK, current it seems not support cloudy path)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, I'd like to suggest you check the following document about support python package in power bi if helps:

Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.