Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

FrançoisD
Regular Visitor

I cannot detect my slicer is a range slicer in JS client API

Hello,

I am using the client API to automatically set some values on slicers to help my users and I have an issue with a time range slicer.

The report designer created a range slicer where the default span starts from the minimum date of the full dataset and goes to the maximum, here is a reproduction example:

FranoisD_0-1718781930076.png

When I get the slicer and slicer state in the client API, the only thing I get is :

{
    "filters": [],
    "targets": [
        {
            "table": "races",
            "column": "date"
        }
    ]
}

How can I get the fact my slicer is a range slicer so that I can properly set the good operator for state filter?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @FrançoisD,

AFAIK, current power bi filters are not able to distinguish between the ‘all selected’ and 'no item selected' effects.(applied 'all select' effect equal to no filter applied) Have you tried to modify the filter ranges to confirm if the client API can respond with these filter effects?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for your answer

Yes, when, the default range is not "full range", the slicer type is easily found thanks to the filters in state.

However I need to automate the selection of the proper elements in the widget so if I cannot guess it is a range slicer my program cannot work. 

I understand from your answer there are no way today to get the information about selected widget in the embedded API. Must I raise an Idea somewhere to try having this in the MS roadmap?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.