Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ScottFraleyPAC

Getting a 500 Internal Server Error when calling the API for my datasource

After spending 3-4 days getting my Python code just right, I was FINALLY ready to start posting data, via the api.powerbi.com API I got when I'd created my data source. So I spin up the script/app and blam! I get a 500 Internal Server Error. Sadly I've got nothing else to go on so I have no idea whether or not it's something I'm either doing, or not doing.

Any help appreciated since I have no idea how to proceed here.

Thanks,

Scott Fraley

Panasonic Avionics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ScottFraleyPAC

Figured it out. 

I finally thought to print the POST data that I created in my Python script and found that I'd forgotten to put quotes around a string. </Blush>

Seems to be working just great now. Well, except that it seems that my report isn't updating 'Live,' and I'm having to hit Refresh on said report, even though it's data source is an API that I'm POSTing to every 1.09 seconds.

-SKF

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottFraleyPAC

Figured it out. 

I finally thought to print the POST data that I created in my Python script and found that I'd forgotten to put quotes around a string. </Blush>

Seems to be working just great now. Well, except that it seems that my report isn't updating 'Live,' and I'm having to hit Refresh on said report, even though it's data source is an API that I'm POSTing to every 1.09 seconds.

-SKF

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ScottFraleyPAC,

As there is no any code or detailed steps which can help us reproduce your issue, it's hard for us to investigate on it.

In this scenario, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support(bottom on the page) for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

I'd love to, but I'm not in a position to 'subscribe' / give you guys any money because I have no say in those decisions. Also, it's obviously going to be difficult to fully evaluate this thing if I can't get support for an issue on YOUR end.  😞

Re:

Pro users get free support. Fill out a support ticket and we’ll get back to you soon.

[CREATE SUPPORT TICKET]

Become a Pro user to get free support

And when I click the button, I get the following (after logging into the support site);

Looks like you haven't subscribed to Power BI Pro

Did you know that Power BI Pro users always get fast, free support?

-Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.