Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

a_dr50
Regular Visitor

Format Options: Hierarchy Slicer vs Slicer visualizations

Hello,

Using the Hierarchy Slicer, I could see that is possible to format the title of the header attribute, which is not posible to do it in the "normal" Slicer.

That option is more flexible or in the other hand you could also on the Hierarchy Slicer format options to turn On or OFF the Header attr, which is not possible on this kind of visualization but is posible in the "normal" Slicer.

Is kind of a recomendatoin or needing because i would like to use a same kind of format for all the kind of slicer used on my pages.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @a_dr50,

Firstly, in your scenario, I would recommend you use Chiclet Slicer along with Hierarchy Slicer or normal slicer. Chiclet Slicer combines the format options of header attribute in Hierarchy Slicer and normal slicer. In this type of slicer, you are able to turn on/off the header attribute and format its title.
1.PNG

Secondly, in normal slicer, we are not able to change the title of the header attribute. Regarding to this issue, you can submit a idea in this forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas .

Thirdly, Hierarchy Slicer is a custom visual built by Jan not Microsoft,  to add the on/off format options for header in Hierarchy Slicer, you can directly contact the author. In this link, you can send an email to the author by clicking “Contact Author”.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @a_dr50,

Firstly, in your scenario, I would recommend you use Chiclet Slicer along with Hierarchy Slicer or normal slicer. Chiclet Slicer combines the format options of header attribute in Hierarchy Slicer and normal slicer. In this type of slicer, you are able to turn on/off the header attribute and format its title.
1.PNG

Secondly, in normal slicer, we are not able to change the title of the header attribute. Regarding to this issue, you can submit a idea in this forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas .

Thirdly, Hierarchy Slicer is a custom visual built by Jan not Microsoft,  to add the on/off format options for header in Hierarchy Slicer, you can directly contact the author. In this link, you can send an email to the author by clicking “Contact Author”.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, than u very much for your reply.

I haven´t tried the "Clichet Slicer", I already downloaded and will check if works ok for my scenario.

Thanks for the suggestion about posting an idea in the "Power BI Ideas" forum, I guess will be nice to have the possibility of changing the tittle of the header attribute like the "Hierarchy Slicer" does.

By last. I was not aware about the Hierarchy Slicer were not built by Microsoft. I just checked Jan's Blog and in fact the ability to hide the header is in the to-do list of future releases :).

Thanks for your suggestions,

BR.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.