Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Report REST API returns error after Rebind report api

Hi,

I am rebinding a report to a new dataset by using Rebind REST api. I can see the report gets refreshed. Then I am trying to export that report by export Report REST api. But, I am getting the error "ExportPBIX_ModelessWorkbookNotFound". If I upload a pbix file and then export the report, it works fine. Can anyone please help in exporting the report after rebinding. I want it to be done programatically.

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution? I'm stuck on the same boat as you were...

I am using the Powershell cmdlet Export-PowerBIReport to do  the exporting, but beforehands I use the REST API to rebind my report to a new dataset. The export only works on the first dataset, but never with the second, even if the report is updated on the PBI app.

The script basically goes like this:

1) Getting all the necessary infos (workspace,report and datasets IDs, etc)

2) A step to swap the dataset to the other one

3) Export the report

All steps work fine except for #3 and only for the case where the second dataset is in use.

Both my datasets have the same schema, they differ only by the number of entries and the values for each entry.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I stumbled upon something when trying to manually download the report from the app...

It will let me download the report as a .pbix when using the first dataset, but the option is greyed out when I try the same thing with the second dataset. The reason:

The Download report option (as .pbix) is only available for reports created in PBI desktop.

When I first uploaded the report on the PBI app, it was with the first dataset, hence it is valid.

I uploaded the second dataset as a standalone file,  which is then binded to the report.

So most likely the export can't work because the new dataset did not go through PBI deskop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.