Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

Embedded with Direct Query on Azure SQL - Visual not loading

Hello,

I am embedding my report using Embed for your customer. My report has a DIrectQuery connection to an Azure SQL Database.

I am simply publishing my report to power bi service. When I open the report in power bi service, all visuals works fine.

Now my issue is when I open the DIrectQuery visual from the embedded report, it gives me this error:

Marco57_0-1618817030858.png

I have read multiple 3-4 years old topics speaking about credentials that need to be patched using an API but this looked like at the time of collections. As I am working with recetn configuration, I clear do not know what is going on and why is it erroring while everything is fine on the power bi portal when opening the report.

From documentation, it appears that no gateway are necessary. I made sure Azure Services are allowed from the Azure SQL DB side.

Can anyone please shed some light here?

Thanks

Rgds

Marc.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

I solved my issue: It was due to RLS on DirectQuery tables. I had two tables and they need to be in both directional relationship to make RLS work vs single directional in import mode. In case it can help anyone.

View solution in original post

This did not solve the solution unfortunately ... It like solved it temporarly but issue came back in today ... I do not know how to set my above post as unsolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

I solved my issue: It was due to RLS on DirectQuery tables. I had two tables and they need to be in both directional relationship to make RLS work vs single directional in import mode. In case it can help anyone.

This did not solve the solution unfortunately ... It like solved it temporarly but issue came back in today ... I do not know how to set my above post as unsolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors