Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bi_kwoksanlee
Frequent Visitor

Embed Power BI Dashboard into sharepoint online modern page

Hello,

I have built a Power BI Dashboard and I want to embed it in sharepoint online modern page by using Power BI web part.  However I can only select "16:9" or "4:3" for the display.  There is no choose for me to set a custom size.  May I know if there is any method to change the size?

I have also tried to embed the Power BI report into sharepoint online page by iframe.  However the single sign on experience can not be achieved.  May I know if there is an method to achieve the SSO?

Thanks!

San

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, for now it is impossible to manually edit the size of an embeded report. Please check this link  for a Microsoft idea regarding this subject and upvote it. This way, the product team may considered adding it as feature in a near future!

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

I think that what you are asking is what has been discussed here. That is, if you do not use Power BI Embedded your users will need to log in at least once to connect your app to Power BI and consent to the needed permissions. After this, it should not prompt them again unless their password changes. The AAD documentation should have some more details on this: 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-authentication-scenarios/.

Additionally, you can use this 3rd party client library has an example: 

https://github.com/Vtek/PowerBI.Api.Client

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
teylyn
MVP

May I ask how you embedded a dashboard into a SharePoint page? All I can find is that it only works for reports, not dashboards.

Second this. The ability to pin tiles from multiple reports makes the dashboard a good fit for embedding.

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, for now it is impossible to manually edit the size of an embeded report. Please check this link  for a Microsoft idea regarding this subject and upvote it. This way, the product team may considered adding it as feature in a near future!

Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Thank you for the help!  May I know if there is any method to apply SSO for the case of using iframe to embed PowerBI report into Sharepoint page.

Thanks!

I think that what you are asking is what has been discussed here. That is, if you do not use Power BI Embedded your users will need to log in at least once to connect your app to Power BI and consent to the needed permissions. After this, it should not prompt them again unless their password changes. The AAD documentation should have some more details on this: 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-authentication-scenarios/.

Additionally, you can use this 3rd party client library has an example: 

https://github.com/Vtek/PowerBI.Api.Client

Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.