Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Samuelcurr1e
Frequent Visitor

Difference between dates in the same column

Hi,

I have a financial approvals table that has the action date in the same column, I am trying to find out the lenght of time each the process is at each stage of the process. The table below is an exmpale of what I am working with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Samuelcurr1e,

According to your description, you could add a calculated column as follows.

Duration Column = 
DATEDIFF (
    Table1[Action Date],
    LOOKUPVALUE (
        Table1[Action Date],
        Table1[Req No], Table1[Req No],
        Table1[Apr Seq No], Table1[Apr Seq No] + 1
    ),
    HOUR
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I seem to get an error when using the calculation, 'Calculation error I column 'PR Process'[]: In DATE DIFF function, the start date cannot be greater than the end date' I've not seen this error before, any ideas?

Cheers

Sam

@Samuelcurr1e,

For DATEDIFF Function, an error is returned if start_date is larger than end_date. To quickly resolve the issue, you may need to provide more information.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.