Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

helen_p
Frequent Visitor

Conditional format rows in a matrix table based on a measure

Dear Power BI community

What I would like to achieve is

I want to create a matrix table where the headings of rows (which will be in a hierachy) are conditionally formatted based on the outcome of  a measure.    If the lowest row in the hierachy does not meet the condition of the measure, when the matrix table is NOT expanded, then the highest level in the table shows the same colour too

What is the data like

There are 3 columns which are in a hierachy Hospital >> Care Group >> Ward

I.e. 

Hospital   Care Goup   Ward

SGH              A                 1    

SGH              A                 2

SGH              B                 3

Measures

I have 2 measures called "Actual discharges" and "Expected Discharges" and when put together with the columns, it looks like this

Hospital   Care Goup   Ward    Actual discharges       Expected discharges

SGH              A                 1                3                                        2

SGH              A                 2                4                                        5

SGH              A                 3                3                                        2

SGH              B                 4                7                                        6

What to base the conditional format on

I wwas thinking of creating another measure where 

if([Actual Discharges] <= [Expected Discharges], "Red", "Green")

Expected outcome

In a NON expanded matrix table  Care group A would be red because Ward 2 still has an issue and is not meeting the expected number of discharges

Is this at all possible?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not currently possible.  If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.