Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

12-pune
Frequent Visitor

Common Single Date Slicer

Hi all,

Please help with the below scenario:

How to make common single date slicer for 3-4 visuals for which data is coming from different datasets.

I have 3 different datasets A,B and C and in each dataset they have respective begin dates and end dates.

Now, I have created 3 different visuals and in each visual i am using begin date and end dates from different datasets(A,B and C).

We want to have single slicer for date on top of report page, so that user can filter based on selected dates and all 3 visuals show data based on selected dates.

Please note, there is no common column between all 3 datasets, thats why i am not able to create relationships.

Please help, i am new to this use case.

6 REPLIES 6
shiva_dongari
Regular Visitor

Hi @12-pune 

We can create a common dimension table for dates by using DAX functions like CALENDARAUTO() or CALENDAR(mindate, maxdate)

And then create relationships between the calendar table we just created and other tables based on begin_date or end_date as per your requirement. Use calendar table Date column in slicer to make it work.

If this doesn't help, please provide sample pbix with dummy data to understand the issue better.

If this helps, please accept my response as solution. 👍

@shiva_dongari Hi Shiva, Thanks for your reply.

I have already created Calendar table but relationship with B and C datasets is not working. (Calendar table with A dataset relationship works) but not with B and C.

It throws an below error:

12pune_0-1665494418565.png

Kindly help.

@12-pune It seems you already have direct/indirect relationships created between these 2nd and 3rd table. 

To get a better understanding of your model, can you provide sample pbix?

@shiva_dongari 

I have created relationship between calendar table and A dataset, thats why its not allowing me toh create new relationship between calendar table and B,C datasets.

If that is sorted, common slicer will sort, eventually its not happening.

How can i create sample pbix. its tough one.
Can we connect on skype ? my id - puneetchoudhary0

@shiva_dongari Please help..

12-pune
Frequent Visitor

@Fowmy Please help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.